Many expats in Singapore learn English by attending English course Singapore; however, simply sitting inside the classroom for a few hours each week is not enough to make you a fluent speaker. English language teachers in Singapore encourage their students to do extra learning outside of the classroom environment to augment whatever has been learned from the language school If you want to improve your English language skills, consider the following techniques:
- There are thousands of quality English TV shows and films. Improve your English by watching and listening to how the actors/actresses speak the language. Sometimes, the films include sub-titles to help you understand the story but do not rely on the sub-titles; try to recall the English words and phrases that were taught in English course Singapore. If you are not fond of watching films, read English books and newspapers during your spare time. Tabloids are better for beginners because the stories were featured are usually short and interesting.
- Use post-its and flash cards. Use the post-its to put labels on all the items you find inside the home. On one side of the post-it, put the English word for the object and the translation in your language at the back. Old fashioned flash cards are very convenient tools for reviewing vocabulary. One pile of flash cards can be filled with words that are relatively unknown while the second pile will be composed of words you have already learned from English course Singapore. Make the effort to review pile one frequently so that the words will become part of your everyday vocabulary. Pile two is for regular repetition to ensure you do not forget the words.
- Practice with English speakers. English is one of the official languages of Singapore which means that there will always be an English friend you can converse with. Do not be embarrassed to begin a conversation in English so that you will achieve fluency in the shortest possible time. If there is no one to talk to, read your English notes loudly. Record your voice through the Smartphone so that you will know whether you are pronouncing words correctly.
- Listening to American and British music is a fun way of learning English. There are endless amounts of English songs you can download online for free. Listen to the music closely; if there are words you do not understand, search the meaning from a dictionary or Google it.
- Writing is one of the best ways to improve the knowledge acquired from English course Singapore. Write the new words you have learned including phrases and sentences. Make writing a habit; soon enough you will be able to interact with your social media friends using the English you have perfected by writing whenever possible.
English is one the languages that is not difficult to learn but do not expect to speak the language fluently after attending English course Singapore for a few weeks. You must engage in a lot of work outside of the classroom so that you can improve your English skills.